Since the last post I spent three very enjoyable weeks in Greece, my place of birth, on the ancestral island where I plan to retire at some point. Since I came back I have tried to finish the new rig and try it out on dry land. Here is a photo of it. In the second photo (bottom right) you can see the jib attached to the forestay with jibhanks and its tack clipped to the bowsprit. The stay connecting the bowsprit to the hull is not fastened because the winch is in the way: when launching it will need to be the last thing done before she floats off.
There are a couple of things missing in the first photo. One is reef lines, which I will add before re-launch. The other is the luff toggles (in lieu of mast hoops) of which there are four: they are there but are not fastened, since they bind on the mast and make pulling on the throat halyard to deploying the mainsail difficult. I will have to use a piece of light line tied to the gaff jaws to remedy the situation.
The other thing I found out while trying the rig is that I should not clip the topping lift to the boom before the sail is up: every time the peak halyard snaphook managed to clip itself to the topping lift and get fouled. That's too bad, because the topping lift could have kept the gaff and boom in place while I deploy the sail. Now I will have to clip it in place afterwards.
The third photo (bottom left) shows yours truly holding on the the mainsheet (notice the rudder is missing, I didn't think it necessary for this tryout). You can see the 4x purchase tackle made of four separate single blocks: one with becket, two plain and one pivot. All are secured with loops of line. Behind the sail you can see the outline of the topping lift.
Remaining steps include repainting the decking and touching up parts of the hull, and building a couple of crutches for the mast that fit where the cat ketch masts used to. Maybe next weekend I can re-launch. We'll see.